Join us at Ply Studio on February 11th & 12th from 10am to 3:00pm each day for a weekend of weaving! Just the thing for a February weekend - so join us!
In this beginner/intermediate workshop, you will learn the basics (if you don't already have those under your belt; a good refresher for those that do) as well as a variety of weaving techniques to complete your weaving. Carmen will work alongside you to show you her best tips and tricks for weaving a truly outstanding piece of art for your home. You will learn so much more than you have been able to figure out through YouTube, and certainly have more fun creating with others in this bright and beautiful studio space in the heart of New Edinburgh in Ottawa.
You don't have to do anything but sign up and show up! We do all the supplies curation and create your own magical workspace with everything you will need to have a low-stress, fun and creative time with us at the Studio!
Level: beginner-friendly; no previous experience necessary but we will move from basic techniques on day 1 to more intermediate techniques on day 2.
Your registration fee includes:
- 10 hours of personalized instruction, plus support after the session;
- All supplies to complete your weaving project, including:
- Your own fibre pack, which will include gorgeous HANDSPUN yarn made by Ply Studio owner and fibre artist, Carmen Bohn, as well as beautiful commercial yarn and interesting add-ins to make your weaving unique, like mohair locks, sari silk and sparkly one of a kind bits you won't find anywhere else;
- The best quality warp thread around; and,
- Use of one of our large Ashford weaving looms.
- Refreshments during the workshops;
- Creative time to energize you in the Studio (and we'll clean up!); and,
- A boredom-busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun.
Maximum number of participants: 8
Incredibly Important Notes:
1) These workshops will take place IN-PERSON at Ply Studio in Ottawa.
2) If you are unwell, please stay home and contact the Studio for direction on a make-up class. Please consult the Ply Studio health and safety guidelines for further information.
3) Please ensure the email email@example.com is in your contacts and whitelisted so that you receive all correspondence about this workshop. You will receive more details about the workshop 2 days before it takes place so watch your inbox.
4) This workshop will be taught in English.
5) The tapestry/weaving/wall hanging you will be creating will differ from the examples shown in this listing. These are just examples of techniques you will learn. The way you put it all together will depend on your own creativity (but Carmen will be here to guide you, not to worry!).
6) Each workshop is limited to 9 participants but 3 participants are required for the workshop to take place. If cancelled due to low enrolment, you will be notified about your options to take a different workshop OR receive a refund.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Please stay home if you are unwell and contact the Studio - we will make arrangements for you to take the class again in the future. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.