What health & safety measures is Ply Studio taking to keep me safe and healthy during the Covid-19 pandemic?
The Studio will be open for in-person workshops and limited open studio hours this fall for the first time since we began operations in January 2021! So, we are excited to welcome you into our beautiful, bright, cheerful studio space BUT we have some stringent precautions in place to keep us all safe.
First and foremost, if you are feeling unwell or exhibiting any cold or Covid-like symptoms, please stay home and contact the Studio. We understand that you will be disappointed in not being able to attend a workshop you registered for so we will do everything we can to schedule a 'do over' for you.
We intend to use our beautiful outdoor patio space to hold most of our in-person workshops this fall (unless, of course, we get a freak snowstorm or gale force winds!). We will watch the forecast and let all participants know what to expect before they show up. This outdoor space will contain ample seating with space between participants so that everyone can feel comfortable. Outdoor heaters will keep us all cozy if the weather is chilly. Please bring your own blanket and sweater if you tend to be a cold body. If there is rain, we have a covered outdoor area as well, so weather is no object!
If we have to move indoors, Ply Studio is a big, open, super well-ventilated workshop space. Our new, independent ventilation system serves ONLY the Studio space (separate from other units in the same building) and the filters on the system remove contaminants from the air continuously. If and when possible, we will open the large double doors and as many windows as possible to allow Mother Nature to ventilate our workspace naturally. We will set up work stations for all participants at least 2 metres from one another. Masks during indoor workshops are mandatory.
While you are here with us at the Studio, here is what you need to be aware of:
- Masks are mandatory for all indoor workshops in the Ply Studio space. For our outdoor workshops, masks are optional but encouraged.
- Hand sanitizer is plentiful here and must be used upon entering the space and before and after using shared tools.
- Participants will be spaced at 2 metres from one another. All participant work stations will be equipped with your personalized supplies and tools for your workshop. We will limit sharing/reaching/touching other people's stuff as much as humanly possible.
- Refreshments won't be offered during our workshops this fall but you are welcome to bring your own and take breaks when you need to.
A few other important mentions:
- If you have travelled internationally within 2 weeks of your workshop, you will not be able to attend.
- We will also continue to offer a handful of online workshops as well as curbside pick-up or delivery through Canada Post for all our supplies.
- Other than scheduled workshops and open studio times, we are not really 'open' to the public until we are in the clear of this darn pandemic. If you just want to stop by, we'd LOVE to see you BUT please contact us first: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We'll be following all other local health authority directives as we keep on, keeping on. If you have any questions or concerns or just want to chat before you register for a workshop (so we can help put your mind to rest), please reach out: email@example.com.
Cancellations & Rescheduling Due to COVID-19
In 'normal' times, we have a no refund policy for all our workshops and events. However, since we are still not quite back to something resembling 'normal', we are ultimately committed to keeping all our instructors and participants safe and well. PLEASE be honest and stay home if you are feeling unwell on the day of your workshop - and contact the Studio (firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-850-8485). We know that you will be disappointed if you registered and can't make it. We will make arrangements for you to take the class again in the future.
If we are forced into another provincial lockdown here in Ontario (please, please universe ... nooo!), we will have to reschedule our in-person events and/or move them online (if possible). We will be in touch with all registered participants to provide you a choice of options (a - wait for the rescheduled in-person workshop; b - take the workshop online (if possible); c - receive a refund).
Also note that registration fees can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop.
Should we have to cancel for any other reason, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop.