Updated November 2021
What health & safety measures is Ply Studio taking to keep me safe and healthy during the Covid-19 pandemic?
The Studio is now open for in-person workshops and limited open studio hours. We are excited to welcome you into our beautiful, bright, WELL-VENTILATED studio space BUT we have some stringent precautions in place to keep us all safe.
First and foremost, if you are feeling unwell or exhibiting any cold or Covid-like symptoms, please stay home and contact the Studio. We understand that you will be disappointed in not being able to attend a workshop you registered for so we will do everything we can to schedule a 'do over' for you.
Ply Studio is a big, open, super well-ventilated workshop space. Our new, independent ventilation system serves ONLY the Studio space (separate from other units in the same building) and the filters on the system remove contaminants from the air continuously. We will set up work stations for all participants at least 2 metres from one another. Masks during indoor workshops are mandatory.
As of November 10th, Ply Studio is part of the Ontario Provincial Antigen Screening Program (PASP). Through this program, the Ottawa Board of Trade, the Ontario Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the Ontario and Canadian governments and TCC Canada are providing free rapid tests for small and medium-sized businesses in Ottawa. Businesses like Ply Studio!
The goal of this program is to identify asymptomatic cases of COVID-19 in the workplace that might otherwise be missed, helping to curb the spread in the workplace, at home and around the community in Ottawa.
As a small business that offers public-facing creative workshops, I look forward to offering free rapid antigen tests to all my workshop participants as an added level of reassurance as we connect in-person and make amazing stuff together!
How will this work? Upon your arrival at the Studio (15 minutes before workshop start times), my outdoor patio space will be lit and heated and contain delicious warm beverages. We will test each participant registered for the workshop and 15 minutes later, we will all head inside to get on with creating SAFELY together! If you test positive, you will have to head home and we will work with you to schedule a make-up session.
One additional measure: I have taken the POST Promise. It is a self-declaration from my business to my customers that I am working hard to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by following five key steps which were developed in collaboration with the Public Health Agency of Canada. I'm feeling really positive about this winter and our ability to stop the spread of COVID-19.
While you are here with us at the Studio, here is what you need to be aware of:
- Masks are mandatory for all indoor workshops in the Ply Studio space. For our outdoor workshops, masks are optional but encouraged.
- Covid-19 vaccinations are required to attend all in-person workshops and will be verified in advance of entering the Studio.
- Hand sanitizer is plentiful here and must be used upon entering the space and before and after using shared tools.
- All tools used for workshops have been sanitized between uses.
- Participants will be spaced at 2 metres from one another. All participant work stations will be equipped with your personalized supplies and tools for your workshop. We will limit sharing/reaching/touching other people's stuff as much as humanly possible.
A few other important mentions:
- If you have travelled internationally within 2 weeks of your workshop, you will not be able to attend.
- We continue to offer a handful of online workshops as well as curbside pick-up or delivery through Canada Post for all our supplies. If you want to see a workshop offered online and it's only offered in-person, send us an email and request it! email@example.com We'll make it happen!
- Other than scheduled workshops and open studio times, we are not really 'open' to the public until we are in the clear of this darn pandemic. If you just want to stop by, we'd LOVE to see you BUT please contact us first: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We'll be following all other local health authority directives as we keep on, keeping on. If you have any questions or concerns or just want to chat before you register for a workshop (so we can help put your mind to rest), please reach out: email@example.com.
Cancellations & Rescheduling Due to COVID-19
In 'normal' times, we have a no refund policy for all our workshops and events. However, since we are still not quite back to something resembling 'normal', we are ultimately committed to keeping all our instructors and participants safe and well. PLEASE be honest and stay home if you are feeling unwell on the day of your workshop - and contact the Studio (firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-850-8485). We know that you will be disappointed if you registered and can't make it. We will be, too! BUT, we will make arrangements for you to take the class again in the future.
If we are forced into another provincial lockdown here in Ontario (please, please universe ... nooo!), we will have to reschedule our in-person events and/or move them online (if possible). We will be in touch with all registered participants to provide you a choice of options (a - wait for the rescheduled in-person workshop; b - take the workshop online (if possible); c - receive a refund).
Also note that registration fees can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop.
Should we have to cancel for any other reason, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop.