Keeping You Safe, Happy & Healthy at Ply Studio
Updated March 2022
What health & safety measures is Ply Studio taking to keep me safe and healthy during the Covid-19 pandemic?
The Studio is now OPEN to in-person gatherings and workshops!
Most of our current workshop opportunities are back to in-person. We want you to feel safe, happy and healthy while you visit us here. That's why we are outlining what we are up to on that front, so you can be assured that your health and safety is ALWAYS top of mind. If you don't feel comfortable and at ease, you won't have fun taking a workshop here.
Here's what we are doing to keep you safe:
First and foremost, if you are feeling unwell or exhibiting any cold or Covid-like symptoms, please stay home and contact the Studio. We understand that you will be disappointed in not being able to attend a workshop you registered for so we will do everything we can to schedule a 'do over' for you.
Ply Studio is a big, open, super well-ventilated workshop space. Our new, independent ventilation system serves ONLY the Studio space (separate from other units in the same building) and the filters on the system remove contaminants from the air continuously. We will set up work stations for all participants at least 2 metres from one another. Masks during indoor workshops are currently optional but encouraged for the safety and inclusion of all.
We will no longer be offering rapid testing before our in-person workshops. If you have symptoms, please stay home and contact the studio.
I am still committed to the POST Promise. It is a self-declaration from my business to my customers that I am working hard to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by following five key steps which were developed in collaboration with the Public Health Agency of Canada.
While you are here with us at the Studio, here is what you need to be aware of:
- Masks are optional but encouraged for all indoor workshops in the Ply Studio space. For our outdoor workshops, masks are optional.
- Covid-19 vaccinations are required to attend all in-person workshops.
- Hand sanitizer is plentiful here and must be used upon entering the space and before and after using shared tools.
- All tools used for workshops have been sanitized between uses.
- Participants will be spaced at 2 metres from one another. All participant work stations will be equipped with your personalized supplies and tools for your workshop. We will limit sharing/reaching/touching other people's stuff as much as humanly possible.
A few other important mentions:
- If you have travelled internationally within 2 weeks of your workshop, you will not be able to attend.
- We will continue to offer online workshops from time to time as well as curbside pick-up or delivery through Canada Post for all our supplies. If you want to see a workshop offered online and it's only offered in-person, send us an email and request it! email@example.com We'll make it happen!
- We'll be following all other local health authority directives as we keep on, keeping on. If you have any questions or concerns or just want to chat before you register for a workshop (so we can help put your mind to rest), please reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations & Rescheduling Due to COVID-19
In 'normal' times, we have a no refund policy for all our workshops and events. However, since we are still not quite back to something resembling 'normal', we are ultimately committed to keeping all our instructors and participants safe and well. PLEASE be honest and stay home if you are feeling unwell on the day of your workshop - and contact the Studio (email@example.com or 613-850-8485). We know that you will be disappointed if you registered and can't make it. We will be, too! BUT, we will make arrangements for you to take the class again in the future.
If we are forced into another provincial lockdown here in Ontario (please, please universe ... nooo!), we will have to reschedule our in-person events and/or move them online (if possible). We will be in touch with all registered participants to provide you a choice of options (a - wait for the rescheduled in-person workshop; b - take the workshop online (if possible); c - receive a refund minus a 5% administration fee).
Also note that registration fees can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop.
Should we have to cancel for any other reason, students will receive a full refund minus a 5% administration fee. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop.