Experience the joy of playing with water, colour and words. Then, witness the beautiful story that comes out of it: yours!
Artist, Isabelle Légaré, is coming to Ply Studio for an amazing watercolour adventure with you on Sunday, September 18th from 10am until 3pm!
In this 5-hour workshop, you will receive your own beautiful sketchbook, watercolour paints, brushes, pencil and eraser to jump into the incredible world of watercolour painting.
Isabelle will take you through a series of exercises to help you get to know your brushes, tame your perfectionism and PLAY! Techniques such as spill and bleed, humid on humid, misalign and mixing will be taught. And toward the end of our time together, you will get the chance to layer your own words on top of your visuals.
This is the first watercolour workshop in a series with Isabelle. Stay tuned for future workshops to come; we hope you will join us to keep filling up your sketchbook!
Level of the workshop: beginner. You do not have to have any previous watercolour painting experience (or creative skill at all!); just an interest in trying something new or building upon some basic skills you already have. All are welcome! Ply Studio workshops are inclusive and a safe space for all to come and enjoy a healthy dose of creative wellness!
We can't wait to start this visual journey with you!
Your registration fee includes:
- 5 hours of personalized instruction, plus support after the session;
Supplies are yours to keep and include:
- Premium watercolour sketchbook,
- Professional watercolour palette,
- Set of watercolour brushes,
- HB pencil & eraser.
Refreshments during the workshop; and,
- A boredom-busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun.
Maximum number of participants: 12
Please Read These Incredibly Important Notes:
1) This workshop will take place IN-PERSON at Ply Studio in Ottawa. If you are unwell, please stay home and contact the Studio for direction on a make-up class. Please consult the Ply Studio health and safety guidelines for further information.
2) This workshop will be taught in English AND French.
3) The watercolour paintings you will create will differ from the examples shown in this listing. These examples are offered as creative inspiration and are Isabelle's work over many years (so please adjust your expectations accordingly)!
4) Please ensure the email firstname.lastname@example.org is in your contacts and whitelisted so that you receive all correspondence about this workshop.
5) This workshop is limited to 12 participants but 3 participants are required for the workshop to take place. If cancelled due to low enrolment, you will be notified about your options to take a different workshop OR receive a refund.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Please stay home if you are unwell and contact the Studio - we will make arrangements for you to take the class again in the future OR receive a refund. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.