Summers can be busy - especially with the desire to meet the needs of many. The months fly by, and we can sometimes end up more tired than when we started.
This session is designed to help you take that much-needed pause to focus on ‘what do you want to say YES to this summer?’ With Intention. With love. With energy. With creativity. With conviction.
This will be a nourishing evening of connection, meditative art practice, and reflection that will support you to set the stage for your summer of YES. The evening begins at 7pm and will go until 9pm on June 16th.
Jess Lax (The Ember Circle) will facilitate a reflective exercise to help you drop into what you need most this summer (not your family, or your friends, but YOU!), and gain clarity on your inner intention.
Carmen Bohn (Ply Studio) will teach you how to make a mini weaving with your very own (to keep!) Chip & Sparrow mini loom. You will choose your own mini skein of Carmen’s OOAK handspun yarn based on your own intention and what you feel drawn to.
We will sit in the comfort of one another’s company in the indoor/outdoor setting of Ply Studio under the setting sun and twinkling outdoor lights.
You'll go home with both a powerful intention and an artful touchstone to support you in saying yes to what matters most during the busy summer months ahead.
There is no prerequisite for this workshop and no expectations. Just be willing to say yes & show up!
Your registration fee includes:
- 2 hours of discussion & making with Carmen & Jess;
- Beautifully curated supplies are yours to keep, including:
- Chip & Sparrow Mini Loom for each of you;
- A package of yarn, textiles, thread & needle for each of you.
- Video tutorials to follow the workshop and keep you going;
- Refreshments during the workshop;
- Creative time together with others in a safe and inviting studio space; and,
- A boredom-busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun.
Maximum number of participants: 20
VERY Important Notes:
1) This workshop will take place IN-PERSON at Ply Studio in Ottawa.
2) If you are unwell, please stay home and contact the Studio for direction on a make-up class. Please consult the Ply Studio health and safety guidelines for further information.
3) Please ensure the email email@example.com is in your contacts and whitelisted so that you receive all correspondence about this workshop. You will receive more details about the workshop 2 days before it takes place so watch your inbox.
4) This workshop will be taught in English.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Please stay home if you are unwell and contact the Studio - we will make arrangements for you to take the class again in the future. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.