Have you wondered what some of your friends are doing with those crochet hooks and yarn? Or are those knitting needles? See! You don't even know the difference. THIS workshop is for you!
Join us at Ply Studio to learn the basics of crochet, including an introduction to supplies and tools, how to make your first chain, and then how to create a variety of crochet stitches that will end up being your first granny square (and the start to your granny square blanket INFATUATION!).
This 4-hour workshop will take place over 2 evenings in May: May 11th and May 18th. Both workshops begin at 6pm.
One of the beautiful things about our workshops is that you don't have to do anything but sign up and show up! We do all the supplies curation and create your own magical workspace with everything you will need to have a low-stress, fun and creative time with us at the Studio!
Your registration fee includes:
- 4 hours (2 sessions @ 2 hours each) of personalized instruction, plus support after the session;
- All supplies to complete a set of crocheted granny squares;
- 5 colours of yarn (wow!), specially curated for this project in fun colours;
- A crochet hook to match your project pattern;
- Use of scissors, needles and anything else you need while here with us in the Studio.
- A written pattern and video tutorials to follow the workshop and keep you going;
- Refreshments during the workshops;
- Creative time to energize you in the Studio (and we'll clean up!); and,
- A boredom-busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun.
Maximum number of participants: 8
VERY Important Notes:
1) These workshops will take place IN-PERSON at Ply Studio in Ottawa.
2) If you are unwell, please stay home and contact the Studio for direction on a make-up class. Please consult the Ply Studio health and safety guidelines for further information.
3) Please ensure the email email@example.com is in your contacts and whitelisted so that you receive all correspondence about this workshop.
4) This workshop will be taught in English.
5) The project you will be creating will differ slightly from the examples shown in this listing, depending on the materials you choose and your own creative inspiration.
6) Each workshop is limited to 8 participants but 3 participants are required for the workshop to take place. If cancelled due to low enrolment, you will be notified about your options to take a different workshop OR receive a refund.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Please stay home if you are unwell and contact the Studio - we will make arrangements for you to take the class again in the future. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.