Have a day off and your kids are at camp? Join us on the Ply Studio patio to learn to knit this summer! YES, knitting is a summer activity, too! We think taking your knitting with you to the dock, the deck and on your next road trip is the PERFECT way to decompress and make something that will help you feel good!
In this 2-day workshop retreat on October 22nd and 23rd from 10am until 2pm each day, we'll get you casting on, knitting and purling in no time! And then on day 2, we'll get you chaining, slip stitching and double crocheting!
One of the beautiful things about our workshops is that you don't have to do anything but sign up and show up! We do all the supplies curation and create your own magical workspace with everything you will need to have a low-stress, fun and creative time with us at the Studio!
Your registration fee includes:
- 3 hours of personalized instruction, plus support before and after the session;
- Beautifully curated supplies including:
- 2 skeins of amazing Estelle Bulky yarn (it's a nice blend of wool/cotton/acrylic so you can wash it);
- A ChiaGoo bamboo knitting needle;
- A crochet hook to fix your mistakes; and,
- A tapestry needle to weave in all your ends.
- A choice of written patterns you WILL be able to follow;
- Video tutorials to follow the workshop and keep you going;
- Refreshments during the workshops;
- Creative time with others in a safe and inviting studio space; and,
- A boredom-busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun.
Maximum number of participants: 8
VERY Important Notes:
1) These workshops will take place IN-PERSON at Ply Studio in Ottawa. We will likely be out on the patio so please dress accordingly.
2) If you are unwell, please stay home and contact the Studio for direction on a make-up class. Please consult the Ply Studio health and safety guidelines for further information.
3) Please ensure the email firstname.lastname@example.org is in your contacts and whitelisted so that you receive all correspondence about this workshop.
4) This workshop will be taught in English.
5) The project you will be creating will differ slightly from the examples shown in this listing, depending on the materials you choose and your own creative inspiration.
6) Each workshop is limited to 8 participants but 3 participants are required for the workshop to take place. If cancelled due to low enrolment, you will be notified about your options to take a different workshop OR receive a refund.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Please stay home if you are unwell and contact the Studio - we will make arrangements for you to take the class again in the future. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.