Join us for a 2-day workshop retreat on November 5th and 6th from 10am until 2pm to learn to knit AND crochet! On Day 1, we'll get you casting on, knitting and purling in no time! And then on day 2, we'll get you chaining, slip stitching and double crocheting!
Carmen (and perhaps a few other special guest knitters!) will work alongside you to show you their best tips and tricks for knitting and crocheting with the best of them. You will learn so much more than you have been able to figure out through YouTube, and certainly have more fun creating with others in this bright and beautiful studio space in the heart of New Edinburgh in Ottawa.
You don't have to do anything but sign up and show up! We do all the supplies curation and create your own magical workspace with everything you will need to have a low-stress, fun and creative time with us at the Studio!
Your registration fee includes:
- 8 hours of personalized instruction, plus support before and after the session;
- Beautifully curated supplies are yours to keep and include:
- 2 skeins of amazing Estelle Bulky yarn (it's a nice blend of wool/cotton/acrylic so you can wash it);
- A ChiaGoo bamboo knitting needle;
- 2 crochet hooks - one to fix your mistakes on your knitting project and the other for your crochet project;
- Bulky yarn to match the crochet project you choose;
- A tapestry needle to weave in all your ends.
- A choice of written patterns you WILL be able to follow;
- Video tutorials to follow the workshop and keep you going;
- Refreshments during the workshops;
- Creative time with others in a safe and inviting studio space; and,
- A boredom-busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun.
Maximum number of participants: 8
VERY Important Notes:
1) These workshops will take place IN-PERSON at Ply Studio in Ottawa.
2) If you are unwell, please stay home and contact the Studio for direction on a make-up class. Please consult the Ply Studio health and safety guidelines for further information.
3) Please ensure the email firstname.lastname@example.org is in your contacts and whitelisted so that you receive all correspondence about this workshop. You will receive more details about the workshop 2 days before it takes place so watch your inbox.
4) This workshop will be taught in English.
5) This workshop retreat is limited to 8 participants but 3 participants are required for the workshop to take place. If cancelled due to low enrolment, you will be notified about your options to take a different workshop OR receive a refund.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Please stay home if you are unwell and contact the Studio - we will make arrangements for you to take the class again in the future. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.