Let’s Weave Some S%#t: Intermediate Weaving - January 30th (in-person)
Are you familiar with tapestry weaving but want to take it to the next level? Are you wondering how to up your texture game?
Join Carmen Bohn, fibre artist and owner of Ply Studio, to learn to weave more texture into your tapestries. This class is project-based to take the guess work out of what we will work on together. You will enjoy knowing that everything you need to complete the project in this description will be sitting in front of you when you arrive on the day of the workshop. This workshop takes place in-person at Ply Studio on Sunday, January 30th from 10:00am - 3:00pmEST.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to …
- Effectively utilize all the supplies, tools and techniques needed to make your own tapestry;
- Take home a finished (or nearly finished) tapestry;
- Claim that you spent a day doing something really fun, in a great (and safe!) environment with really awesome people; and,
- Show off your mad weaving skills to all your friends!
This workshop is an intermediate level weaving class so you must have some experience with weaving before arriving. If you have your own tapestry weaving loom, feel free to bring it. Weaving looms will be available for use during the workshop and if you wish to purchase yours, they will be available using a discount code to those registered for this workshop. If you do not finish your weaving in our workshop time and don’t want to purchase your loom, you can come back to the studio during open studio hours and finish up (hours will be posted on the website soon and occur regularly each week). We will share some super short video tutorials with you in advance of the workshop so that we can all start on the same page.
Your registration fee includes:
- 5 hours of personalized instruction, plus support before and after the session;
- All supplies to complete the weaving project in this listing, including use of one of our beautiful, handcrafted maple weaving looms;
- A written pattern and video tutorials to follow the workshop and keep you going; and,
- A boredom-busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun.
Maximum number of participants: 8
Incredibly important notes:
1) This workshop will take place IN-PERSON at Ply Studio in Ottawa. Masks and vaccinations are required per provincial guidelines. You will also be asked to arrive 15 minutes early in order to have a rapid antigen test completed before the workshop. They take only 15 minutes. They are not uncomfortable as they are just a shallow nasal swab. If you want to read more about the Ontario Provincial Antigen Screening Program that Ply Studio is a proud member of, you can see more information here. If you test positive, unfortunately you will be sent home but we will work with you to provide a make-up class for you.
2) If you are unwell, please stay home and contact the Studio for direction on a make-up class. Please consult the Ply Studio health and safety guidelines for further information.
3) This workshop will be taught in English.
4) The tapestry you will be creating will differ from the example shown in this listing, depending on the materials you choose and your own creative inspiration.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Please stay home if you are unwell and contact the Studio - we will make arrangements for you to take the class again in the future. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.