Are you interested in exploring the beautiful artistry of basket making?
This is a crocheted rope basket making workshop being led by Carmen Bohn, fibre artist and Ply Studio owner. In this workshop, you will learn to use macrame rope and a large crochet hook to create an oversized basket perfect for storing art supplies, hand towels on your bathroom counter, or anything else that might need a pretty home. This workshop takes place on Wednesday, November 17th from 6:30 to 9:30pmEST.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to …
- Effectively utilize all the supplies, tools and techniques needed to make the basket in question;
- Take home a finished (or nearly finished) vessel to use for any number of purposes;
- Claim that you spent an evening doing something really fun, in a great (and safe!) environment with really awesome people;
- Join my club of ‘slightly obsessed’ basket makers; and,
- Show off your mad basket making skills to all your friends! (Believe me, they’ll want to make them, too!)
This workshop is beginner-friendly. No prerequisite - just an interest in learning something new or building on some beginner skills you already have - we will share some super short video tutorials with you in advance of the workshop so that we can all start on the same page.
Your registration fee includes:
- 3 hours of personalized instruction, plus support before and after the session;
- 75 metres of white/off-white cotton macrame rope;
- A 11.5mm crochet hook;
- A written pattern (and video tutorials to follow the workshop and keep you going); and,
A boredom busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun.
Maximum number of participants: 8
Very, very important notes:
1) This workshop will take place IN-PERSON at Ply Studio in Ottawa. At this point, masks are mandatory. If you are unwell, please stay home and contact the Studio for direction on a make-up class. Please consult the Ply Studio health and safety guidelines for further information.
2) This workshop will be taught in English.
3) The baskets you will be creating will differ from the examples shown in this listing, depending on the materials you choose and your own creative inspiration.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Please stay home if you are unwell and contact the Studio - we will make arrangements for you to take the class again in the future. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.