Join Carmen on Wednesday, June 14th from 6:30pm to 9pm for an introduction to circular weaving!
In this beginner workshop, you will learn the basics of circular frame weaving as well as a variety of weaving techniques to complete your pieces (that's right, your kit will include enough to make 2 pieces!). You will learn so much more than you have been able to figure out through YouTube, and certainly have more fun creating with others in the heart of New Edinburgh in Ottawa.
**What else is special about this workshop? Carmen will custom handspin your yarn for you as soon as you register! Just note whether you like BRIGHTS or NEUTRALS in the notes to her when you checkout.**
Other than that, you don't have to do anything but sign up and show up! Carmen does all the supplies curation and creates your own magical workspace with everything you will need to have a low-stress, fun and creative time!
Your registration fee includes:
- 2.5 hours of personalized instruction, plus support after the session;
- All supplies to complete two (2) circular weaving projects, including:
- Your own fibre pack, which will include gorgeous HANDSPUN yarn made by fibre artist, Carmen Bohn, as well as beautiful commercial yarn and interesting add-ins to make your weaving unique, like mohair locks, sari silk and sparkly one of a kind bits you won't find anywhere else;
- The best quality warp thread around; and,
- 2 hoops & macrame rope to make 2 of your own circular looms.
- Refreshments during the workshop;
- Creative time to energize you (and we'll clean up!); and,
- A boredom-busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun.
Maximum number of participants: 10
Incredibly Important Notes:
1) These workshops will take place IN-PERSON in Ottawa. We may meet outdoors on the patio, but I will keep an eye on the weather and let you know in my email with workshop details a few days before the event.
2) If you are unwell, please stay home and contact the Studio for direction on a make-up class. Please consult the Ply Studio health and safety guidelines for further information.
3) Please ensure the email firstname.lastname@example.org is in your contacts and whitelisted so that you receive all correspondence about this workshop. You will receive more details about the workshop 2 days before it takes place so watch your inbox.
4) This workshop will be taught in English.
5) The pieces you will be creating may differ from the examples shown in this listing.
6) This workshop is limited to 10 participants but 3 participants are required for the workshop to take place. If cancelled due to low enrolment, you will be notified about your options to take a different workshop OR receive a refund.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else. Please stay home if you are unwell and contact the Studio. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.