Come play at Ply Studio in October as you create your very own functional block printed art!
Printmaker Christina Anastassopoulos of Fetch and Bloom will lead you through the basics of printmaking, stamping and block printing in this amazing 2-part workshop on Wednesday, October 12th and 19th. Both sessions will begin at 6:30pm and end at 8:30pm-ish.
During this 4+ hour workshop, you will get plenty of practice and then take home a very useful and eco-conscious tote bag with matching print.
By the end of this workshop you will have mastered the basics of carving images in reverse, and have a good understanding of inking up to create surface patterns on fabric. You will make your mark on fabric using wood carving gouges and oil ink. You will be introduced to carving basics using a rubber plate to carve into and learn how to leverage the negative and positive spaces within an image.
Level: Beginner. There is no prerequisite for this workshop.
Your registration fee includes:
- 4+ hours of guided expertise from Christina;
- Beautifully curated supplies are yours to keep, including:
Speedball Block printing starter kit which includes 1.25oz (37ml) Black Water-Soluble Block Printing Ink; #49 Soft Rubber Pop-In Brayer; Lino Handle with #1, #2, and #5 Lino Cutters; 4 x 6-inch Speedy-Carve block; 1 unbleached cotton canvas tote; Professional heavy-weight paper for your printed artwork.
- Refreshments during the workshop;
- Creative time together with others in a safe and inviting studio space; and,
- A boredom-busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun.
Maximum number of participants: 12
VERY Important Notes:
1) This workshop will take place IN-PERSON at Ply Studio in Ottawa.
2) If you are unwell, please stay home and contact the Studio for direction on a make-up class. Please consult the Ply Studio health and safety guidelines for further information.
3) Please ensure the email email@example.com is in your contacts and whitelisted so that you receive all correspondence about this workshop. You will receive more details about the workshop 2 days before it takes place so watch your inbox.
4) This workshop will be taught in English.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Please stay home if you are unwell and contact the Studio - we will make arrangements for you to take the class again in the future. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.