Here it is: the opportunity you've been waiting for to put down your screens and pick up something that will actually make you feel better. Knitting!
Sign up for this introduction to knitting and we'll get you casting on, knitting and purling in no time.
We're not gonna lie - if you have never picked up a set of knitting needles before, you might spend this whole session getting the hang of the yarn and the needles. But not to worry! We will share a set of video tutorials after the session to keep you going.
Join Carmen Bohn of Ply Studio to learn to knit your choice of either a scarf or a dishcloth on Thursday, October 14th from 6:30pm to 9:00pmEDT.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Cast on, knit and purl (and hopefully) cast off, too;
- Follow a basic knit pattern; and,
- Keep going on your own after you leave the workshop.
This is a beginner knitting class. And while there is no prerequisite for this workshop - just an interest in learning something new or building on some beginner skills you already have - we will share some super short video tutorials with you in advance of the workshop so that we can all start on the same page.
Your registration fee includes:
- 2.5 hours of personalized instruction, plus support before and after the session;
- Yarn and knitting needles to complete your own dishcloth or small scarf;
- A written pattern (and video tutorials to follow the workshop and keep you going); and,
- A boredom busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun.
Maximum number of participants: 8
Super Important Notes:
1) This workshop will take place IN-PERSON (mostly like outdoors) at Ply Studio in Ottawa. At this point, masks are mandatory (unless we are outdoors where they are optional but encouraged). If you are unwell, please stay home and contact the Studio for direction on a make-up class. Please consult the Ply Studio health and safety guidelines for further information.
2) This workshop will be taught in English.
3) The project you will be creating will differ from the examples shown in this listing, depending on the materials you choose and your own creative inspiration.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Please stay home if you are unwell and contact the Studio - we will make arrangements for you to take the class again in the future. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.