Explore different styles of abstract painting, experiment with a variety of
painting techniques, and brush up on your art history - all in one class!
Join visual artist, Andrea Warren, every Tuesday evening for 8 weeks, starting January 17th at 7pmEST and ending March 7th. Each week, Andrea will explore the life and work of one of eight important abstract painters, from history or making history now:
Hilma af Klint
Janet Sobel; and,
Start each week learning about an artist - their life and influences, the themes that run through their work, their style and personal philosophies of artmaking, and their unique use of colour and line.
In the second half of each class, you will receive guidance on techniques, materials, and process so you can create paintings inspired by these powerhouse artists.
Whether you’re learning about the mystical beginnings of abstract art with af Klint or the revolutionary nature of polka dots with Kusama, learning to stain like Frankenthaler or drip like Sobel, you will be sure to be inspired by these incredible women of art history.
This class is suitable for anyone wanting to learn more about abstract painting. No previous experience is necessary.
Your registration fee includes:
- 2 hours of virtual instruction per week for 8 weeks;
- Extensive notes on each artist, sent directly to your inbox each week;
- A sample bag of GOLDEN products to try;
- A boredom-busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun.
Note that surfaces and painting tools are required and not included in the cost of registration.
REALLY Important Notes:
- This workshop will take place virtually using Zoom. Details will be sent out to all registered participants 2 days in advance of the workshop so please
ensure that the email email@example.com is in your contacts list and whitelisted so that you receive all correspondence about this workshop.
This workshop will be taught in English.
The registration fee DOES NOT INCLUDE supplies.
- One paid registration = one participant in the workshop.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.