NEW DATES: Let's Weave on a Frame Loom! March 16th & 23rd (online)
Join fibre artist and Ply Studio owner, Carmen Bohn, to learn how to weave on a frame loom. This workshop will take place in 2 parts: 2 hours on March 16th and another 2 hours on March 23rd (both from 7pm until 9pmEDT).
In this online workshop, you will learn to use a weaving loom or frame to create a modern, colourful and beautiful tapestry for your wall. No special supplies are necessary but I do have kits available for purchase from the online shop, if you would like to have everything you need for this class in one click.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to warp your loom/frame, start and finish your weaving, incorporate a variety of fibre and textile into your tapestry and complete all the foundational weaving techniques (plain weave, rya knots, soumak, organic loops, roving and more). You will also feel comfortable with completing your tapestry on your own after the class. But if you don't, I have drop in hours when I will be online and available to answer all your questions.
There is no prerequisite for this workshop - just an interest in learning something new or building on some beginner skills you already have. However, I will be sharing a bit of 'pre-work' for you to do before the workshop so that we can all begin on the same page. Don't worry, it won't be anything too strenuous!
You can use a weaving loom OR a picture frame (you can find inexpensive options at Michaels, IKEA or Amazon; I will share a supplies list with links upon registration). I also have kits available for purchase if you would rather pick up everything you need for this class in one click!
1) This workshop will take place virtually using Zoom. You will need to have video capability in order to share your progress with me through the class.I will email Zoom details to you a few days before the first workshop takes place.
2) This workshop will be taught in English.
3) The tapestry you will be creating will likely differ from the example shown in this listing. The photo depicts the size and variety of techniques you will learn.
4) The kit of supplies is sold separately IF you wish to purchase it (you don't have to, if you have a picture frame and some yarn available).
5) One paid registration = one workshop participant.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Should I have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that I reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, I will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop.