Have you ever wondered how to create a wall hanging that emulates your favourite landscape photograph?
Join modern fibre artist and Ply Studio owner, Carmen Bohn, to learn how to weave an inspired landscape virtually on February 9th from 7:00-9:00pmEST. This workshop will help you beat the winter blahs and give you something to look forward to - while never having to leave the comfort of your home.
In this 2 hour online workshop, you will learn how to incorporate yarn and textiles that you will have found in your own stash (or someone else’s!) on a found object that Carmen will teach you to warp. This is a beginner weaving class so no previous weaving experience is required.
A supplies list and instructions will be shared with all registered participants. Video tutorials to complete your project will be shared after the workshop.
You should take this class if:
- You are interested in translating a favourite landscape into something simple, elegant and beautiful to grace your wall;
- You are curious about weaving, having never tried it before or only have a basic knowledge of it;
- You enjoy other types of fibre art; and,
- You love to recycle or upcycle fibre and textiles you have lying around.
If you answered ‘yes’ to any or all of these, you should register now and join Carmen for a FUN 2 hour workshop!
Your registration fee includes:
- 2 hours of personalized online instruction, plus support before and after the workshop;
- A detailed supplies list so that you can find everything you need for this workshop without having to spend a cent;
- Step-by-step instructions and video tutorials to help you complete your project; and,
- A boredom busting good time and something to look forward to! Carmen’s workshops are always engaging and this project will get you creative juices flowing!
1) This workshop will take place virtually using Zoom. You will need to have video capability in order to share your progress with me through the class. I will send the Zoom details to you the day before the first workshop takes place.
2) This workshop will be taught in English.
3) One paid registration = one participant in the workshop.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Should I have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that I reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, I will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.