Join fibre artist and Ply Studio owner, Carmen Bohn, for an Introduction to Tapestry Weaving on February 6th from 12noonEST to 4:00pmEST.
In this online workshop, you will learn to use a weaving loom or frame to create a modern, colourful and beautiful tapestry for your wall.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to warp your loom/frame, start and finish your weaving, incorporate a variety of fibre and textile into your tapestry and complete all the foundational weaving techniques (plain weave, rya knots, soumak, organic loops, roving and more). You will also feel comfortable with completing your tapestry on your own after the class. But if you don't, I have drop in hours when I will be online and available to answer all your questions.
There is no prerequisite for this workshop - just an interest in learning something new or building on some beginner skills you already have.
You can use a weaving loom (the one I use for this class is 14" x 18") or a picture frame of a similar size (you can find inexpensive options at Michaels, IKEA or Amazon).
There are 3 options for purchase below.
Your registration fee includes:
- All Options: 4+ hours of personalized instruction, plus support before and after the session
- Option A is just the workshop (no supplies) - $100
- Option B includes the online workshop PLUS fibre & textile inputs, warping thread, tapestry needle & comb, which will be shipped to your home before the workshop (note: deadline to purchase this option is January 27, 2021 in order to get your supplies to you by Canada Post) - $150
- Option C includes the online workshop PLUS weaving loom, fibre & textile inputs, warping thread, tapestry needle & comb, which will be shipped to your home before the workshop (note: deadline to purchase this option is January 27, 2021 in order to get your supplies to you by Canada Post) - $200
If you are unsure which option to choose, please contact me!
I will email a materials list and Zoom details to all registered attendees upon receiving your registration. This will help you to have all the right supplies and equipment on hand at the time of the workshop. No stress, just fun!
1) This workshop will take place virtually using Zoom. You will need to have video capability in order to share your progress with me through the class.
2) This workshop will be taught in English.
3) The tapestry you will be creating will differ from the example shown in this listing. The photo depicts the size and variety of techniques you will learn.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Should I have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that I reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, I will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop.