Join Karen D. Miller of Karen D. Miller Studio on June 22nd AND June 23rd (note that this is a 2 part class over 2 evenings) from 6:30-9:00pmEDT to take your rug hooking to the next level.
In this online workshop, you will learn to look at the world differently in order to find inspiration for rug hooking designs in unexpected places. We will go through the entire design process in-depth; from finding and editing a composition, getting your design on backing, basic rules of art, colour planning, values and shading, choosing the best yarns to work with and ideas for finishing your piece. Students will apply what they have learned to their own 5" x 7" hooked work of art using their own photos of landscapes, close-ups, architecture or abstract design. This information packed class emphasizes fun, creativity and artistic freedom!
Students should have taken the Beginner Rug Hooking with Yarn class through Ply Studio, or should have some experience with rug hooking.
Students will need to bring the following materials to class:
* A Rug Hooking hook
* A rug hooking frame OR a rug hooking or quilting hoop that is at least 12" round
* A black Sharpie marker
* Backing material large enough to complete a 5" x 7" piece. Can be rug hooking linen, rug warp or rug hooking burlap
* A selection of yarns in different colours, values, textures and thicknesses. Does not have to be wool yarn.
* A landscape or nature photo (ideally your own, but can be someone else's only if you have permission to use it) either printed or developed, or on a separate device that the student can consult throughout the class. Or, feel free to bring an idea that you just have in your imagination!
1) This workshop will take place virtually using Zoom. You will need to have video capability in order to share your progress with me through the class. I will email the Zoom details to you a few days before the workshop takes place.
2) This workshop will be taught in English.
3) One paid registration = one workshop participant.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Should I have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that I reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, I will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop.