Are you wondering how yarn + weaving loom = something cool to hang on your wall? Or are you just looking for a nice, meditative pastime that also feels productive and creative?
Join Carmen Bohn, fibre artist and owner of Ply Studio, on Sunday, January 23rd from 10:00am-3:00pmEST VIRTUALLY to learn the basics of weaving, including an introduction to weaving supplies and tools, how to warp a loom, and a variety of weaving techniques to complete your first weaving. This class is project-based to take the guesswork out of what we will work on together. You will enjoy knowing that everything you need to complete the project in this description will be in your materials kit.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to …
- Effectively utilize all the supplies, tools and techniques needed to make your own tapestry;
- Finish a tapestry for your wall;
- Think about all the other tapestries you will want to make;
- Claim that you spent a day doing something really fun online with other really awesome people; and,
- Show off your mad weaving skills to all your friends!
This workshop is beginner-friendly. Weaving looms will be loaned out for use in the kits and if you wish to purchase yours, they will be available using a discount code to those registered for this workshop.
Your registration fee includes:
- 5 hours of personalized instruction, plus support after the session;
- All supplies to complete the weaving project in this listing, including use of one of our beautiful, handcrafted maple weaving looms;
- A written pattern and video tutorials to follow the workshop and keep you going; and,
- A boredom-busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun.
Maximum number of participants: 8
Incredibly Important Notes:
1) This workshop will take place VIRTUALLY over Zoom. Please ensure the email email@example.com is in your contacts and whitelisted. You will receive an email with Zoom details 2 days in advance of the workshop. All the supplies you need for the workshop will be available to pick-up curbside at the Studio in Ottawa (details will be emailed) OR mailed out to you. Deadline for registration if you need a kit mailed to you is January 14th.
2) This workshop will be taught in English.
3) The tapestry you will be creating will differ slightly from the examples shown in this listing, depending on the materials you choose and your own creative inspiration.
4) One paid registration = one workshop participant.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.