Here it is: the opportunity you've been waiting for to put down your screens and pick up something that will actually make you feel better. What is it? Knitting!
We're creating a 'safe space' for our beard-wearing friends to learn this *critical life skill* (ha!). But really, we have heard that some of our men friends want to learn how to knit and are a little intimidated by the 'prowess' of their female counterparts when it comes to this craft.
Sign up for this introduction to knitting and we'll get you casting on, knitting and purling in no time.
We're not gonna lie - if you have never picked up a set of knitting needles before, you might spend this whole session getting the hang of the yarn and the needles. But not to worry! We will share a set of video tutorials after the session to keep you going.
You should take this workshop if ...
- You are bored and need something to do
- You are interested in learning to knit (or you are at least curious about it)
- You like activities that you can do while sitting on a deck, on a dock, or on a couch watching your favourite show (with a beer in hand)
What's in your kit?
- a ball of yarn
- a set of knitting needles
- a crochet hook for fixing your mistakes (yep, you'll make a few along the way)
- written instructions to make your own beer coozie
- a surprise!
This workshop will take place on Thursday, May 27th from 7pm-9pmEDT over Zoom. Details will. be emailed to all registered participants the day before the workshop. Supplies will be mailed out through Canada Post (note that the cutoff for registration is May 21st in order to get you your supplies on time) OR you can pick-up curbside at the studio in downtown Ottawa.
There is no prerequisite for this workshop - just an interest in learning something new or building on some beginner skills you already have.
1) This workshop will take place virtually using Zoom.
2) This workshop will be taught in English.
3) The kit of supplies is part of the registration fee. Please choose your yarn colour and note there are limited quantities of each (but the coozie will look great in ANY of them!)
4) One paid registration = one workshop participant.
5) You are encouraged to have your own beverage of choice on hand to further make this an enjoyable experience.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop.