Make Baskets Virtually! October 7th (online)
Imagine being able to make a vessel that actually looks good AND can hold any variety of loose things you have lying around (jewellry, yarn, sewing notions, LEGO!).
Join fibre artist and Ply Studio owner, Carmen Bohn, online on Thursday, October 7th from 6:30pm to 9:30pmEDT to jump into the creative and obsession-worthy craft of basket weaving!
*PLEASE NOTE: this is an ONLINE basket weaving workshop. If you prefer to join an IN-PERSON workshop in Ottawa, please register in those workshop listings.
In this 3 hour online workshop, you will learn the basics of basket weaving - the tools, supplies and techniques - and you will start and finish at least one basket before the end of the evening. You will feel equipped to keep on going on your own after the evening is over (and yes! you'll make more than one!).
There is no prerequisite for this workshop - just an interest in learning something new or building on some beginner skills you already have.
Your registration fee includes 3 hours of online instruction PLUS all the materials you will need to complete a set of small baskets (as many as 5 of them measuring approximately 4 to 5 inches in diameter). Your supplies will be mailed to you so please register before the September 30th deadline!
You should take this workshop if ...
- You are bored and need something to do
- You are interested in learning to make a basket so that you can make gifts for everyone you know
- You like activities that you can do while sitting on a deck, in a car, or on a couch watching your favourite show
Your supplies include:
- 32 metres of Bobbiny macrame cord in your choice of colour (note that you won't receive the whole cone of cord shown in the photos, but a length measuring 32 metres)
- one ball of Lily Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn (109 metres) in black OR white
- one tapestry needle
- written instructions
Maximum number of participants: 10
Very, very important notes:
1) This workshop will take place online. Please register before the September 30th deadline so that we can get your supplies to you on time! You can also pick-up curbside in Ottawa at the Studio.
2) This workshop will be taught in English.
3) The baskets you will be creating will differ from the examples shown in this listing, depending on the materials you choose and your own creative inspiration.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Should I have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that I reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, I will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.