Imagine being able to make a vessel that actually looks good AND can hold any variety of loose things you have lying around (jewellry, yarn, sewing notions, LEGO!).
Join fibre artist and Ply Studio owner, Carmen Bohn, online on Wednesday, February 2nd from 7:00pm to 9:00pmEST to jump into the creative and obsession-worthy craft of basket weaving.
In this 2 hour online workshop, you will learn the basics of basket weaving - the tools, supplies and techniques - and you will start and finish at least one basket before the end of the evening. You will feel equipped to keep on going on your own after the evening is over (and yes! you'll make more than one!).
There is no prerequisite for this workshop - just an interest in learning something new or building on some beginner skills you already have.
Your registration fee includes 3 hours of online instruction PLUS all the materials you will need to complete a set of small baskets (as many as 5 of them measuring approximately 4 to 5 inches in diameter). Your supplies will be mailed to you so please register before the January 24th deadline (unless you are doing curbside pick-up and then your deadline is February 1st)!
You should take this workshop if ...
- You are bored and need something to do
- You are interested in learning to make a basket so that you can make gifts for everyone you know
- You like activities that you can do while sitting on a deck, in a car, or on a couch watching your favourite show
Your supplies include:
- 30 metres of macrame rope in your choice of colour (note that you won't receive the whole cone of cord shown in the photos, but a length measuring 32 metres)
- one ball of Lily Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn (109 metres) in black OR white
- one tapestry needle
- written instructions
Maximum number of participants: 10
Very, very important notes:
1) This workshop will take place virtually using Zoom. Details will be sent to all registered participants 2 days before the workshop takes place (so please check your inbox and spam folders). Supplies will be shipped to all participants upon receiving your registration. The deadline for shipping out kits for this workshop is January 24th. If you live in the Ottawa area, curbside pick-up of kits is available until the day before the workshop takes place (so, February 1st).
2) This workshop will be taught in English.
3) The baskets you will be creating will differ from the examples shown in this listing, depending on the materials you choose and your own creative inspiration.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.