My Summer 2022 Reads
There is something magical about cracking into a new book at this time of year. Time slows down a little, my heart gets light. I LOVE to read.
As I have mentioned before, I'm usually reading quite a few things at one time. This year, I thought I had enough choices already on my bookshelf - enough that I wouldn't feel the urge to go out to a bookstore.
But I was recently in Saskatoon and I couldn't resist the lure of my FAVE bookstore in the world ... McNally Robinson. McNally is an independent bookseller with stores only in Saskatoon and Winnipeg (and one in NYC). A trip back to Saskabush is never complete for me without a visit here - especially to see what local books (to Saskatchewan) are on the shelves.
Here are my top 8 picks for your summer reading pleasure (in no particular order). I've linked most of these up to my favourite OTTAWA independent bookseller (Books On Beechwood) so I hope you will consider supporting them. I checked and these are all widely available through a variety of booksellers AND libraries so take your pick. I'm keeping my thoughts and synopsis about these books out of this list ... you can read all about them all over the internet and make your own judgements about what you like to read in the summer. Here ya go ...
1. The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
2. Greenwood by Michael Christie
3. Book Lovers by Emily Henry (I've also read Beach Read and it truly was that! Fun!)
4. The Idea of You by Robinne Lee
5. Art Supplies (Encyclopedia Of Inspiration) by Uppercase Magazine
6. The Power of Moments by Chip Heath & Dan Heath
7. No Walls and The Recurring Dream: A Memoir by Ani DiFranco
8. The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd
So, kick back, pour yourself an iced coffee and read something enjoyable this summer! Let me know if you try any of these.
- Carmen xo