Knit a Chunky Cowl In The Round: Advanced Beginner Knitting - December 11th (in-person)
Have you had some success with basic knitting and are now looking to add a few more techniques to your knitting repertoire?
Join Jenny Nelson of Seedling Yarn to knit up your own beautiful chunky cowl *in the round*. This is a 4 hour workshop taking place on Saturday, December 11th from 10:00am to 2:00pmEST. The perfect escape for you (and you should bring your +1!) during the busy Christmas season!
After taking this workshop, you will be able to:
- Keep knitting with these basics under your belt: cast on, knit, purl, cast off. You will also learn some more advanced techniques in this workshop like long-tail cast on and knitting in the round;
- Complete your chunky cowl and probably start knitting another right away (this WILL BE your new winter obsession!);
- Share your fondness for knitting with anyone that will listen; and,
- Pick up your needles and relax whenever you need a break.
NOTE: If you are unsure whether to take this workshop instead of the November chunky cowl workshop, please contact us - we'll help you figure it out!
This is an advanced beginner workshop for someone that has some knowledge of knitting basics and can already cast on, knit and purl.
Your registration fee includes:
- 4+ hours of personalized instruction, plus support before and after the session;
- 150 metres of Estelle Bulky yarn specially curated for this chunky knit cowl project;
- A 9.0 mm ChiaGoo circular knitting needle;
- A written pattern (and video tutorials to follow the workshop and keep you going); and,
- A boredom busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun. This is a great project for a lot of winter nights to come.
Maximum number of particants: 8
Very, very important notes:
1) This workshop will take place IN-PERSON at Ply Studio in Ottawa. At this point, masks are mandatory. If you are unwell, please stay home and contact the Studio for direction on a make-up class. Please consult the Ply Studio health and safety guidelines for further information.
2) This workshop will be taught in English.
3) The cowl you will be creating will differ from the examples shown in this listing, depending on the materials you choose and your own creative inspiration.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Please stay home if you are unwell and contact the Studio - we will make arrangements for you to take the class again in the future. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.