Everyone LOVES a Macrame Plant Hanger! Beginner Macrame - April 23rd (in-person)
Are you yearning to create a plant hanger for that poor, forgotten plant that is sitting on the floor in the corner, still in the plastic pot from IKEA?
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to …
- Create 4 basic macrame knots, which can be used to create a variety of different macrame projects;
- Take home a finished plant hanger;
- Claim that you spent a few hours doing something really fun, in a great (and safe!) environment with really awesome people; and,
- Show off your mad knotting skills to all your friends!
This workshop is geared towards beginners - no previous experience in macrame is required. Your finished plant hanger will measure approximately 40" in length and fits a pot size between 4-6" in diameter.
Your registration fee includes:
- 2 hours of personalized instruction, plus support before and after the session;
All supplies to complete the project in this listing (pre-cut 4 mm recycled cotton rope and an unfinished wood hoop); and,
- A boredom-busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun.
Maximum number of participants: 10
Please Read These Incredibly Important Notes:
1) This workshop will take place IN-PERSON at Ply Studio in Ottawa. Masks and vaccinations are required per provincial guidelines. You will also be asked to arrive 15 minutes early in order to have a rapid antigen test completed before the workshop. They take only 15 minutes. They are not uncomfortable as they are just a shallow nasal swab. If you want to read more about the Ontario Provincial Antigen Screening Program that Ply Studio is a proud member of, you can see more information here. If you test positive, unfortunately you will be sent home but we will work with you to provide a make-up class for you.
2) If you are unwell, please stay home and contact the Studio for direction on a make-up class. Please consult the Ply Studio health and safety guidelines for further information.
3) This workshop will be taught in English.
4) The plant hanger you will be creating may differ slightly from the examples shown in this listing, depending on your own creative inspiration.
5) We will mostly be standing to create the plant hangers. We can accommodate if someone needs to sit, so please indicate that to us before the workshop. Macrame can be a bit of a workout as you're tying knots with your arms suspended so a decent range of motion is needed. If you have any other specific accessibility questions, please let us know as we can probably figure out an accommodation.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Please stay home if you are unwell and contact the Studio - we will make arrangements for you to take the class again in the future. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.