Knit a Chunky Cowl In The Round - February 12th (in-person)
Have you had some success with basic knitting and are now looking to add a few more techniques to your knitting repertoire?
Join Jenny Nelson of Seedling Yarn to knit up your own beautiful chunky cowl *in the round*. This is a 4 hour workshop taking place on Saturday, February 12th from 10:00am to 2:00pmEST. It will be the perfect escape for you (and you should bring your +1!)!
After taking this workshop, you will be able to:
- Keep knitting with these basics under your belt: cast on, knit, purl, cast off. You will also learn some more advanced techniques in this workshop, like long-tail cast on and knitting in the round;
- Complete your chunky cowl and probably start knitting another right away (this WILL BE your new winter obsession!);
- Share your fondness for knitting with anyone that will listen; and,
- Pick up your needles and relax whenever you need a break.
This is a beginner-friendly workshop. You might already have some knowledge of knitting basics and can cast on, knit and purl.
Your registration fee includes:
- 4 hours of personalized instruction, plus support before and after the session;
- 150 metres of Estelle Bulky yarn specially curated for this chunky knit cowl project;
- A 9.0 mm ChiaGoo circular bamboo knitting needle;
- A written pattern (and video tutorials to follow the workshop and keep you going); and,
- A boredom-busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun. This is a great project for a lot of winter nights to come.
Maximum number of participants: 8
Very, very important notes:
1) This workshop will take place IN-PERSON at Ply Studio in Ottawa. Masks and vaccinations are required per provincial guidelines. You will also be asked to arrive 15 minutes early in order to have a rapid antigen test completed before the workshop. They take only 15 minutes. They are not uncomfortable as they are just a shallow nasal swab. If you want to read more about the Ontario Provincial Antigen Screening Program that Ply Studio is a proud member of, you can see more information here. If you test positive, unfortunately you will be sent home but we will work with you to provide a make-up class for you.
2) This workshop will be taught in English.
3) The cowl you will be creating will differ from the examples shown in this listing, depending on the materials you choose and your own creative inspiration.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Please stay home if you are unwell and contact the Studio - we will make arrangements for you to take the class again in the future. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.