Hand-Crochet a POUF! Beginner Crochet - April 12th (in-person)
Have you ever considered the possibility of making a piece of furniture for your home, using just your fingers? Seriously! No tools required.
Join Carmen Bohn of Ply Studio to make a hand-crocheted pouf on Tuesday, April 12th from 7:00pm to 9:00pmEDT.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Crochet using your fingers and super, duper bulky yarn;
- Follow a basic crochet pattern; and,
- Complete and stuff your pouf so you can put up your feet and relax after the workshop!
This is a beginner hand-crochet class. There is no prerequisite for this workshop - just an interest in learning something new or building on some beginner skills you already have.
Your registration fee includes:
- 2 hours of personalized instruction;
- 150 metres of super jumbo cotton jersey yarn specially curated for this project (limited quantities of each; please make your choice at check-out);
- Up to 2lbs of polyfil to stuff your pouf;
- A written pattern (and video tutorials to follow the workshop and keep you going); and,
- A boredom-busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun.
Maximum number of participants: 6
Super, duper important notes:
1) This workshop will take place IN-PERSON at Ply Studio in Ottawa. Masks and vaccinations are required per provincial guidelines. You will also be asked to arrive 15 minutes early in order to have a rapid antigen test completed before the workshop. They take only 15 minutes. They are not uncomfortable as they are just a shallow nasal swab. If you want to read more about the Ontario Provincial Antigen Screening Program that Ply Studio is a proud member of, you can see more information here. If you test positive, unfortunately you will be sent home but we will work with you to provide a make-up class for you.
2) This workshop will be taught in English.
3) The pouf you will be creating will differ from the examples shown in this listing, depending on the materials you choose and your own creative inspiration.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Please stay home if you are unwell and contact the Studio - we will make arrangements for you to take the class again in the future. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.