Luminous Lanterns: Glass Mosaics - October 5th & 12th (in-person)
Do you stare in fascination at coloured glass, loving the light that glints off it when the sun or a candle hits it just so?
Join Pippa Beck of Pippa Beck Mosaics for this 2-part glass mosaic workshop and light up your October! This is a 2-part, four hour beginner workshop on Tuesday, October 5th and Tuesday, October 12th from 6:30pm - 8:30pmEDT both evenings.
In this workshop, you will be introduced to the timeless art form of mosaics. Pippa will share her 20 years of passion and expertise for mosaic-making and you’ll walk away with a beautiful candle lantern and a new skill to build upon.
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- Have a good understanding of different mosaic techniques, materials and tools;
- Know how to safely cut/nip and handle glass;
- Be able to build upon the composition basics you learn from Pippa; and,
- Go home with a uniquely-decorated candle lantern that can be used indoors and out!
Pattern ideas will be provided; however, students will be encouraged to flex their creative muscles and make their own designs. A choice of glass colours and millefiori discs will be available. You may choose to make one for yourself or as a gift.
There is no prerequisite for this workshop - just an interest in learning something new or building on some beginner skills you already have.
Your registration fee includes:
- 4+ hours of personalized instruction, plus support after the session;
- A lantern to decorate up all fancy-like and take home with you;
- A choice of glass colours and millefiori discs will be available for participants to choose from;
- Use of glass cutting tools while in the workshops; and,
- A boredom busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise you will have fun!
Maximum number of participants: 9
Very, very important notes:
1) This workshop will take place IN-PERSON (most likely outdoors) at Ply Studio in Ottawa. At this point, masks are mandatory (unless we are outdoors). If you are unwell, please stay home and contact the Studio for direction on a make-up class. Please consult the Ply Studio health and safety guidelines for further information.
2) This workshop will be taught in English.
3) The lanterns you will be creating will differ from the examples shown in this listing, depending on the materials you choose and your own creative inspiration.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Please stay home if you are unwell and contact the Studio - we will make arrangements for you to take the class again in the future. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.