Join Carmen Bohn, fibre artist and Ply Studio owner, in one of our virtual basket-making workshops. This listing is for Friday, Janaury 27th from 10am until 12noonEDT.
In that time, you will learn to use textiles, a rope core and thread to coil and stitch a beautiful and unique basket that you'll want to make many more of! Note that you will not complete your basket in this time, but you will have the skills (and video tutorials) to continue on after the session.
Your registration fee includes:
- 2 hours of personalized instruction, plus support after the session;
- A curated kit of supplies will be shipped to you in advance of the workshop (the kit will include a variety of beautifully coordinated textiles, thread, needle and rope core);
- A written pattern and video tutorials to follow the workshop and keep you going; and,
A boredom-busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun.
Maximum number of participants: 12
Here's what a few of our last basket-teers had to say about these workshops:
"Carmen is a great teacher and creates a fun, welcoming, and encouraging space to learn something new. Despite being online it felt like we were all sitting around crafting and chatting together. It was nice to meet the other participants, too. Ply workshops attract interesting people." - Lila R.
Super important notes:
1) These workshops will take place virtually using Zoom. Details will be sent to all registered participants 2 days before the workshops take place (so please check your inbox and spam folders). Supplies will be shipped to all participants upon receiving your registration. If you live in the Ottawa area, curbside pick-up of kits is available until the day before the workshop takes place.
2) This workshop will be taught in English.
3) The baskets you will be creating will differ from the examples shown in this listing, depending on the materials you choose and your own creative inspiration.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.