Coiled Textile Baskets: January 20th (online)
Are you interested in exploring the artistry of basket making using a variety of beautiful textiles ... from the comfort of your home this January?
Join Carmen Bohn, fibre artist and Ply Studio owner, in this virtual basket making workshop on Thursday, January 20th from 7:00-9:00pmEST. In this 2-hour online workshop, you will learn to use textiles, a rope core and thread to coil a beautiful and unique basket.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to …
- Effectively utilize all the supplies, tools and techniques needed to make a coiled textile basket;
- Claim that you spent an evening doing something really fun online;
- Join my club of ‘slightly obsessed’ basket makers; and,
- Show off your mad basket making skills to all your friends! Believe me, they’ll want to make them, too!
This workshop is beginner-friendly. No prerequisite - just an interest in learning something new or building on some beginner skills you already have.
Your registration fee includes:
- 2 hours of personalized instruction, plus support before and after the session;
- A curated kit of supplies will be shipped to you in advance of the workshop (the kit will include a variety of beautifully coordinated textiles, thread, needle and rope core);
- A written pattern (and video tutorials to follow the workshop and keep you going); and,
A boredom busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun.
Maximum number of participants: 12
Super important notes:
1) This workshop will take place virtually using Zoom. Details will be sent to all registered participants 2 days before the workshop takes place (so please check your inbox and spam folders). Supplies will be shipped to all participants upon receiving your registration. The deadline for shipping out kits for this workshop is January 13th. If you live in the Ottawa area, curbside pick-up of kits is available until the day before the workshop takes place (so, January 19th).
2) This workshop will be taught in English.
3) The baskets you will be creating will differ from the examples shown in this listing, depending on the materials you choose and your own creative inspiration.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.