Join us at this fun basket making retreat at Ply Studio on December 3rd from 10am until 5pm to make three styles of basket, using three very different techniques. You will be obsessed with making these useful vessels!
One of the (many) wonderful things about our workshops is that you don't have to do anything but sign up and show up! We do all the supplies curation and create your own magical workspace with everything you will need to have a low-stress, fun and creative time with us at the Studio!
Technique 1: Seagrass Coil Basket (coiled seagrass & cord)
Technique 2: Coiled Textile Basket (coiled and sewn textiles)
Technique 3: Big Woven Bowl (woven cotton tube yarn)
Level: Beginner-friendly; no prior experience required.
Your registration fee includes:
- 7 hours of personalized instruction, plus support before and after the session;
- All beautifully curated supplies to complete each of the 3 projects (includes Chip & Sparrow Seagrass Coil Basket kit, jumbo cotton tube yarn, textiles, rope, thread, darning and tapestry needles);
- A written pattern for each project;
- Video tutorials to follow the workshop and keep you going;
- Time in the Studio with other creative types;
- Refreshments during the workshop; and,
- A boredom-busting good time and something to look forward to! Ply Studio workshops are always engaging and we promise that you will have fun.
Maximum number of participants: 8
Incredibly Important Notes:
1) These workshops will take place IN-PERSON at Ply Studio in Ottawa.
2) If you are unwell on the day of the workshop, please contact the Studio (email@example.com) and we will work on a make-up date for you to take the workshop.
3) These workshops will be taught in English.
4) Please ensure that the email firstname.lastname@example.org is in your Contacts list and whitelisted so that you receive all correspondence about this workshop.
5) This workshop series is limited to 8 participants but 3 participants are required for the workshop series to take place. If cancelled due to low enrolment, you will be notified about your options to take a different workshop series OR receive a refund.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Please stay home if you are unwell and contact the Studio - we will make arrangements for you to take the class again in the future. Should we have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, we will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop. Please review all other Ply Studio policies here.