Basket Weaving! June 3rd (online)
Imagine being able to make a vessel that actually looks good AND can hold any variety of loose things you have lying around (jewellry, yarn, sewing notions, LEGO!).
This is THE basket weaving workshop to end all basket weaving workshops and it will take place ONLINE on Thursday, June 3rd from 6:30pm to 9:30pmEDT.
In this online workshop, you will learn the basics of basket weaving - the tools, supplies and techniques - and you will start and finish at least one basket before the end of the evening. You will feel equipped to keep on going on your own after the evening is over (and yes! you'll make more than one!).
There is no prerequisite for this workshop - just an interest in learning something new or building on some beginner skills you already have.
Your registration fee includes 3 hours of online instruction PLUS all the materials you will need to complete a set of small baskets (as many as 5 of them measuring approximately 4 to 5 inches in diameter).
Your supplies include:
- 32 metres of Bobbiny macrame cord in your choice of colour (note that you won't receive the whole cone of cord shown in the photos, but a length measuring 32 metres)
- one ball of Lily Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn (109 metres) in black OR white
- one tapestry needle
- written instructions
1) This workshop will take place virtually using Zoom. You will need to have video capability in order to share your progress with me through the class. I will email Zoom details to all registered attendees the day before the workshop.
2) This workshop will be taught in English.
3) The baskets you will be creating may differ slightly from the examples shown in this listing, depending on your own creativity!
4) One paid registration = one participant in the workshop.
5) The cut-off for registration if you don't live in the Ottawa area and need to have the supplies mailed to you is May 27th. If you DO live in Ottawa (or close enough) you can pick-up your materials curbside at the studio until the day of the workshop and I will coordinate with you on that once I receive your registration.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Should I have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that I reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, I will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop.