Your Big Winter Project: A Crocheted Blanket! January 19, 2021 (online)
Join fibre artist and Ply Studio owner, Carmen Bohn, to start Your Big Winter Project: A Crocheted Blanket! on January 19th from 6:30pmEST to 8:30pmEST.
In this online workshop, you will learn how to make a simple crocheted granny square, which contains the techniques of a starter chain and single and double crochet stitches. Though we won't (obviously) finish the whole blanket in this session, you will be able to create at least one or 2 squares and feel confident continuing on your own. I will provide video links after the workshop showing you how to join and finish your blanket on your own.
There is no prerequisite for this workshop - just an interest in learning something new or building on some beginner skills you already have.
Your registration fee includes:
- 2+ hours of personalized instruction, plus support before and after the session
- A solid understanding of how to create all the foundational crochet techniques
- A follow-up email that will keep you going with videos and links to all the resources you need to complete your blanket
- A boredom busting good time and something to look forward to! My workshops are always engaging and I promise that you will have fun. This is a great project for a lot of winter nights to come. You can even drink wine while you are learning this (or a nice cup of tea).
I will email a materials list and Zoom details to all registered attendees upon receiving your registration. This will help you to have all the right supplies and equipment on hand at the time of the workshop. No stress, just fun!
1) This workshop will take place virtually using Zoom. You will need to have video capability in order to share your progress with me through the class.
2) This workshop will be taught in English.
3) The blanket you will be creating will differ from the example shown in this listing. The photo depicts the variety of techniques you will learn and is a very typical granny square blanket.
Registration fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to someone else OR used for a future workshop. Should I have to cancel, students will receive a full refund. Please note that I reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this be the case, I will make every effort to contact students to let them know of the cancellation and to arrange a makeup workshop.