Here it is! Everything you need to make your very own weaving on a frame loom (and by 'frame' I mean a picture frame!). This kit contains the yarns for making a cute little landscape as shown in the accompanying photos. And in case you were wondering, yes, the inspiration is my beautiful Saskatchewan.
You might be thinking 'but hey, I can put all this stuff together and it would probably cost less.' Yes, that is true. BUT, you probably won't. And chances are you don't mohair locks and handspun yarn kickin' around your place, so there's that.
The kit includes:
- Ashford DK yarn in khaki (100% pure New Zealand wool; 202m/221 yards)
- Ashford merino roving (100% pure New Zealand wool; 22 micron; 50 g)
- a sprinkle of mohair locks
- In The Ply thick 'n thin handspun yarn (created with a mix of cashmere, merino, alpaca, angelina, BFL, cotton and sometimes metallic thread)
- a small ball of In The Ply worsted weight handspun yarn (colours vary)
- 5 or 6 bundles of commercial yarn in shades of blue, brown, green and yellow
- approximately 500 yards of warp thread
- 8"x 10" (20 x 25cm) picture frame *Note that the frame included in this kit is light blue rather than white but you can use any picture frame you have lying around, too.
- written instructions/video tutorials to create your weaving